April 9, 2018
Derek is joined again by Alex Garcia and they will talk more broadly about the outsourcing sector and they will deep dive a little bit into Alex's experience. They will also briefly discuss OFWs and the online world.
- Alex started his company VA4REI without any external funding which is an impressive feat.
- According to Derek, he thinks that outsourcing is so brilliant because it is offering people in the Philippines an equal opportunity to do professional roles, to earn professional salaries and work for companies in the West without having to leave their families.
- According to Derek, people that work in the outsourcing industry are the “economic soldiers of the Philippine future” and they need to be celebrated more.
April 6, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Ben Juson of Aptus for the third time. They will talk about A.I. and the march of outsourcing and where it is headed in the next 20 years.
- Ben has been in the outsourcing industry for the last 20 years.
- Ben thinks that we are in an industrial revolution. And he thinks it is just a matter of how innovative people are and how they will cope with the new technologies.
- According to Ben, even if you don’t plan for it, for some reason a new job will get established because of technology. There's will always be a need for new functions and that's where he sees the increase in terms of employment. Perhaps a movement from the employees’ current job roles to high-level jobs.
April 4, 2018
In this podcast episode, Derek is joined by Marla Rausch, Founder, and CEO of Animation Vertigo. They will talk about Marla’s background and experience in the motion capture animation.
- Derek read a review of Toy Story and it stated that it's harder to start with animation because you are starting with a blank page whereas if you're filming a normal wherein there is a scenery and a set.
- According to Derek, Universities are no longer that relevant anymore because of the high redundancy. They need to empower people to learn and educate themselves.
- According to Marla, we need more experts in the Philippines.
- Derek believes that outsourcing eventually would just be called employment.
April 2, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Alex Garcia. He is a Virtual Assistant for a Real Estate Investor. Join us as Derek deep dive and talks about Alex’s journey and deep dive into the business that he has built himself.
- There are more opportunities due to easy access to the internet and the industry is now more saturated with different type of niches.
- VA4REI have around hundred investors across the US and VA's is about 50-70 Virtual Assistant and all of them are home-based.
March 30, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined once again by Ben Juson the Managing Director of Aptus Global Solutions. Join us as Derek deep dive and talks about into what Aptus does and their value.
- Anything that can be done in front of a computer can be outsourced.
- Aptus company size is about 70 FTEs.
- There's a lot of people are actually afraid of AI just because of the unknown.
March 28, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Carl Ocab. He is a successful blogger and owns the Web Design Agency also called Carl Ocab. Join us as Derek look a little bit broader and talk about the potential of the new kind of economies and how it can affect international trade of how this whole world is changing through the internet and technology and online learnings.
- Filipinos are hard workers but most of the Filipinos can speak english very well so you know i think that's the edge that the Philippines
- Outsourcing sector produces over 10% to the Philippines GDP employs a lot of well educated white collared people.
March 26, 2018
This is the 3rd and final installment of a 3-part interview of Chris Urbano, Managing Director of the Winery Philippines. Join Derek as he tap Chris's vast experience in terms of the commercial aspects of Southeast Asian and Philippines’ economic future.
- Winery Philippines is a curated wine market place online bringing great wine around the world and putting in hands of Filipino consumers at the best possible price as best quality and best convenience.
- Domestic economy to be drivers of Philippine growth is comes down to one things which is the ability of Filipinos to speak english very well.
March 23, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Ben Juson the Managing Director of Aptus. Join us as Derek deep dive and talks about Ben’s journey in the Outsourcing Industry.
- In 2000, it was a big multinational only that had access to outsourcing.
- Teleperformance has 200,017 employees across 340 locations across 74 countries.
- In the beginning, outsourcing was just kinda call center function.
March 21, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Carl Ocab. He is a successful blogger and owns the Web Design Agency also called Carl Ocab. Join us as Derek deep dive and talks about Carl’s web design agency, which serves mainly people in the US.
- The internet connects everyone.
- Google is getting brighter and going to get more difficult to trick and outrun.
March 19, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Chris Urbano for the second time. They will talk about Winery Philippines Company which is Chris’ company. The episode will give us fantastic insight into Chris's knowledge of ecommerce and building businesses in Southeast Asia.
- According to Chris, the Philippines is a beer and spirits country.
- According to Derek, the soft commodities follows the hard commodities.
- According to Derek, eight to nine years ago, a cashless way of dealing with things didn’t exist in the Philippines which was quite common across a lot of developing economies.
- Chris aims for a slick interface but then they compensate for that behind the scenes because they have to integrate with the kind of manual interfaces that the rest of the society is still dealing with.