February 14, 2018
In this podcast, Derek is joined by Chloe Franken for the third time. A Filipina and now the COO and President of Sophi Inc. Sophi Inc. is an Outsourcing provider focused on startup companies, they support different back office functions. Join Derek as they discuss Chloe’s business experience and her insights about outsourcing.
- How an office works before isn’t necessarily a mirror of what an office is right now. A virtual team is no longer a new concept, a new idea. So, definitely the direction for the future is outsourcing.
- Sophi’s mission is to be a company that provides work for people and growth for smaller companies.
- Cebu is officially Philippines’ second city.
February 12, 2018
In this podcast, Derek is joined by an Entrepreneur and Businessman Paul Magiatis. Owner of an outsourcing service called Eastwest Enterprises. Join us as Paul narrates his journey and backstory of how he started and talk more broadly about the future of outsourcing.
- Governments can't contain what we do on the internet.
- The world is changing quickly, the jobs are changing quickly, technology is taking out entire industries.
- Adam Smith was one of the first economist who predicted forward that the world is becoming more efficient and it shouldn't be too long before people don't need to work in order to sustain their lifestyle.
February 9, 2018
In this podcast episode, Derek is joined by Nick Sinclair of Outsourced Accountant. He came to the Philippines and built a back office and then pivoted into BPO that offers accounting niche. In the discussion, Nick talk more broadly about the opportunities of outsourcing and his thoughts potential for the future.
- Australia is one of the most kind of protectionist states in many ways and it is an island it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, it's very limited workforce migration mobility and so as a result salaries are very high and kind of margins of pinch from every angle.
- The niche is prime for outsourcing because of technology, because of the dynamics of what that industry is and that's why it's one of the fastest growing.
February 7, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Romulo Reyes of Elite Global Sourcing for the third time Elite Global Sourcing is specifically a gaming BPO. Derek speaks more broadly on Romulo's engagement in the tech community and outsourcing.
- Through the internet, the world is becoming a smaller place and geographical borders are becoming less relevant.
- There’s a huge opportunity with outsourcing but it's not a magic bullet and it's not all happy days. For instance, there are differences in the culture and expectations.
- The most simple thing can have the biggest impact.
- Clients come with a lot of question marks in their heads. If your company can come in with your own expertise and experience and try to provide solutions, not just for the business but for the entire business, then the value chain becomes much more stronger between your organizations.
February 2, 2018
In this podcast, Derek is joined by Chloe Franken once again. A Filipina and now the COO and President of SOPHI Inc. SOPHI Inc. is an Outsourcing provider focused on startup companies, they support different back office functions. Join Derek as he deep dive more into SOPHI Inc.
- The cost of living in Dumaguete is considerably lower than in Manila and Cebu.
- Sophi is based in Dumaguete which she describes as a small town but it has a young vibe.
- Chloe talks about salary differential and also the skills and talents in Dumaguete.
January 31, 2018
In this podcast episode, Derek is joined once again by Nick Sinclair of Outsourced Accountant. He came to the Philippines and built a back office and then pivoted into BPO that offers accounting niche. In the discussion, Derek talked about Nick’s journey about outsourcing and the fantastic opportunities for business.
- The challenge is that they could be fundamentally a really strong accountant but if they don't have strong communication skills and the ability to learn at a fast rate then they're just not going to work in the BPO or the outsourcing environment.
- It’s easy to get 10, 4, 5 staff up and running in the Philippines. If one leaves, then you still have more trained staff compared to that 1 person you can hire in Australia. They're going to use you for experience and then they're gonna go off to somewhere else and get paid more.
January 29, 2018
In this podcast, Derek is joined by Paul Magiatis of East West Enterprises, an outsourcing firm that he setup in response to his business needs. Listen to this podcast as Paul talks more broadly about his outsourcing establishment and provides all of his back story.
- You can make a mistake when you're dealing in pesos but you can't really make that mistake when you're dealing in dollars.
- Incredible office facilities and fantastic job offering, so, it's very much win-win for the Philippines.
January 26, 2018
In this podcast, Derek is interviewed by Henry Acosta of Outsourcing and Offshoring Philippines podcast. Derek will walk us through how he started his company, Outsource Accelerator and his take about outsourcing in the Philippines.
- In outsourcing, the world is becoming one place and it is incredible how fast that's changing.
- The Philippines has a huge advantage over any other outsourcing nation, the key reasons for that is that they are culturally aligned with the Western Culture.
- Technology is breaking down the relevance of geographical distance and it's breaking down the relevance of borders.
January 24, 2018
In this episode, Derek is once again joined by Romulo Reyes of Elite Global Sourcing, specifically a gaming BPO. Derek taps Romulo’s expertise in the specialized outsourcing vertical in the gaming space, both gaming development, gaming support and gaming marketing.
- Game development is a company that develops different games.
- Game publishing would be the people or the organization that brings the game to the consumer.
- E-games are live gaming events.
- Everything about game development talent and products are already developed in the Philippines.
January 22, 2018
Today, Derek is joined by Chloe Franken, a Filipina and now the COO and President of Sophi Inc. Sophi Inc. is an Outsourcing provider focused on startup companies, they support different back office functions. Join Derek as they discuss Chloe’s background and how she became the President and COO of Sophi Inc.
- Odesk is now known as Upwork.
- The online industry is now different because there are so many people looking for online jobs and the salary prices have dropped.