June 1, 2018
Derek is joined by Paul Higgins the founder of Build Live Give. Derek deep dive and talks about Paul’s background, fantastic corporate and entrepreneurial experience.
- Paul worked for Coca-Cola for 18 years.
- He share his own outsourcing experience, the initial part and challenges from the start.
- New way of doing things won't make or break you but it might take time.
- They both discussed the differences and similarities in terms of big corporate and SME outsourcing.
- He gives an initial advice on what is outsourcing and what are its benefits
- Build Live Give is a global community for people like corporate escapees that are running their own business as the name suggest to build their dream business, live a great life and also give back.
- Coca-Cola company has been outsourcing for over 126 years.
- With outsourcing there needs to be freedom but there also needs to be a framework for people to succeed.
May 29, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Kris Buckham the founder of Cooee. Join us as Derek deep dives and talks about Kris’ background in terms of corporate arena and also shared services.
- Kris grew up in Australia and spent years overseas. In 2002, he got a job in Deutsche Bank for 15 years.
- After leaving Deutsche Bank, Kris decided to market for management and brain coaching and also kind of a high touch, high-value BPO within the space.
- Kris share his insight about the shared services before and how it's really changed in the last 10 years.
- He also explains the fundamental task that they started when they built their company.
- He also give his thoughts on the SMEs process of integration and process refinement.
- Kris briefly gives an overview of Cooee and the inspiration that led him to start this company.
- The name Cooee is used as a call, a call to attract attention and it's typically used in the outback regions of Australia.
- Philippines now is incredibly sophisticated in terms of outsourcing.
- Qantas and Cebu Pacific do very frequent flights from Australia to the Philippines and really upping the trade relations between the two countries immensely.
May 25, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Mike Santos the General Manager of Phil.Exeq Search Solutions. We discuss about the start salary difference of hiring talent in the Philippines.
- Mike is the General Manager of PhilExeqSearch Solutions.
- He initially discuss the process of recruitment whether for mid level administrative, mid level management and make an arrangement directly.
- Mike also talks about the potential of companies working with them to outsource staff as it is more cheaper and easier.
- He also share his insights about the salary progression within certain roles as well as the availability of expats around in the Philippines market.
- Phil. Exeq Search Solution caters to different industries, BPO, IT, Finance mostly.
- Salary difference between hiring local vs outsourcing to the Philippines can save you up to 70%.
May 22, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Brett Russo of Outsource Workers. Join Derek as he deep dive into what Outsource workers do, their fee structure and their specialization.
- Brett is a Real Estate Agent for about 15 years based in Australia. 6 years ago, he was introduced to his first Virtual Assistant.
- Outsource Workers specializes in Real Estate virtual assistants.
- They discuss the Outsource Workers fee structure, hiring process and client requirements.
- Success of outsourcing is dependent on how much time the client can spend with their VA’s to train and get them on board.
- Outsource Workers is a company that specializes in helping specifically Real Estate agents outsource Virtual Assistant in the Philippines.
- Clients need to invest time in training their VA’s to have a successful output from them.
May 18, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Tiffany Bowtell of Property Management Virtual Assistant. Join Derek as he deep dive into Tiffany’s company, Property Management Services and the services that they offer.
- Tiffany has been running Property Management Virtual Assistant for the last 2 years and has over 60 VAs servicing over 60 clients which are Property Management Specialists.
- She shares the employment and pricing structure of Property Management Virtual Assistant.
- Tiffany also shares the work process of the VA’s they hire for clients.
- Property Management Virtual Assistant head office is located in Brisbane.
- Proper training is critical especially in a niche service such as Property Management in Australia.
- Their VA rate is 600 AUD per month.
May 15, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Fred Chua. The founder, CEO and Director of Magellan Solutions. Join Derek and Fred as they discuss the opportunities in outsourcing and the future of this sector.
- Fred started as a call center agent back in 2001.
- Fred share his thoughts about the outsourcing market and the future of it in 5 to 10 years from now.
- According to Derek, outsourcing keeps people at home, with their families and people having a career ladder and that’s a huge upside of outsourcing for the Filipinos.
- BPO industry all together employing 5% of the entire population of the Philippines and no other industry was able build that scale of operation in that short period of time as explained by Fred.
- Anything and everything that is processed driven can be outsourced according to Fred.
- Fred also discussed the objective of the Philcall.ph
- Fred is also the founder of Philcall.ph which is an association of Filipino owned call centers.
- BPO industry contributes about 10% to the country's GDP.
- People in the province can enter the world wide economy of outsourcing in freelancing and working on computers as they upskill themselves.
- Majority of the BPO players is foreign-owned.
May 11, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Brett Russo of Outsource Workers. Join Derek as he explore Brett’s journey in Real Estate, outsourcing and how he has set up a company in response to that.
- Brett is a Real Estate Agent for about 15 years based in Australia. 6 years ago, he introduce himself to his first Virtual Assistant.
- He introduce his Virtual Assistant to his colleagues and showed them how good his VA is, after that the business idea came in Brett’s mind after.
- Brett setup outsource workers predominantly caters to Real Estate systems.
- He share his thoughts about Real Estate sector and what are the traditionals versus what he proposed for people to do.
- According to Derek, Australia is one of a bigger adoptor of Outsourcing. It is very close to the Philippines and in terms of time zones it helps a lot.
- Outsourcing is definitely a growing industry according to Brett.
May 8, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Tiffany Bowtell of Property Management Virtual Assistant. Join Derek as they talk about the future of the industry, the future of Property Management Services, the effects of automation, software and AI but also the future of Philippines and outsourcing.
- Tiffany has a 20 years background in Property Management. She started her first business as a training in consulting company specialized in Property Management and Software training.
- She talks about what they do in Property Management Virtual Assistant and what tasks they cater to.
- According to Tiffany, one great Filipino culture is they are ‘die hard’ people, and they’ll do anything for you and your business to succeed..
- She thinks that technology will definitely play part in the future of Property Management that outsourcing will have its own place alongside with the technology.
- Tiffany shares her insight about her industry and in her roles over the next 5 to 10 years.
- Property Management Virtual Assistant based in Clark which is secondary city of the Philippines just outside of Manila.
- The Philippine Government is embracing Outsourcing as the GPD for the Philippines for BPO is 10%.
- Clark is a special economic zone and it used to be an Air Force base that was shut down in the 80’s.
May 4, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Fred Chua. The founder, CEO and Director of Magellan Solutions. Join Derek as he deep dives into Magellan Solutions and explore how full serviced BPOs really priced, structure and work alongside their clients.
- Fred started off as a call center agent back in 2003 and their first ever client was Directory Assistance, a 411 service.
- According to Fred, as BPO or call center grows they tend to also try to get the bigger accounts.
- Fred shares that they focused on end to end spectrum of providing quality assurance, continuous improvement and that's their value proposition.
- Fred talks about the staff leasing arrangement in his company.
- Their core competencies is process improvement and streamlining systems and KPI and metrics and they make sure they meet the target according to Fred.
- Magellan Solutions this is a Filipino owned call center that has been established since 2004.
- The two of the common models of outsourcing are the seat leasing or staff leasing arrangement and the full-service Business Process Outsourcing.
May 1, 2018
In this episode, Derek is joined by Regina Evangelista. She is the Co-founder and CEO of Mr. Outsource. Join us as Derek talks about Regina’s journey and deep dives into her involvement in the outsourcing sector and promotion of outsourcing and VA services within the provinces of the Philippines
- Regina Evangelista is the CEO of Mr. Outsource where VA agency based in Davao City; the author of the Outsourcing Mastery: 17 secrets on how to outsource to the Philippines; one founding members of the National Association for Online Freelancers.
- She shares her insight on the outsourcing evolvement over the last seven years.
- Regina explains the roles of bots and the impact of AI in the VA market.
- A lot of Regina’s students are going back to their provinces and just enjoying their life while working as a virtual assistant.
- Regina also shares her take on the criticism about Outsourcing.
- According to Regina, we still have an advantage versus bots specially on the role of a virtual assistant.
- More freelancers or Filipinos are going for the Digital Nomad lifestyle where they just leave the country and just travel and bring their work.
- Outsourcing is also improving tourism in the Philippines.